What is the team would be run like a company? What would change and which issues would be given more emphasis? A simulation based on a book by Risto Siilasmaa guides your to the topic.
Worker or entrepreneur?
In the simulation, the team will be able to evaluate itself and its performance in ream elation to various elements of entrepreneurial activity. The team encounters situations that require for instance uninterrupted concentration or asking “why”.
According to Siilasmaa, the elements of entrepreneurial leadership include for instance acknowledgement of facts, thirst for knowledge, taking responsibility and keeping the eyes on the horizon.
The story unfolds through concrete situations, and addresses the attitudes and skills of the team and its members towards entrepreneurship.
The simulation also has a built-in educational element. If the group is familiar with Siilasmaa’s book, it can deepen and reflect on their own understanding of entrepreneurial activities – if the structure is new to the group, it will become familiar with it in an activating way.
CLAIM 2: ASK WHY
CLAIM 3: RECOGNIZING FACTS
CLAIM 4: PERSISTENCY
CLAIM 5: TAKING RESPONSIBILITY
The simulation is based on Risto Siilasmaa’s book “Transforming Nokia” and its main idea of entrepreneurial leadership.
- Operationally learn entrepreneurial behavior and discuss how to apply it within your team and organisation
- Develop the team’s working methods
- Highlight individual practices and preferences, get to know colleagues and understand their backgrounds
- Make practices and role divisions visible
- Organisations’ management and teams with independent decision-making power or self-guidance.
- The duration of the simulation is about 2 hours.
Send us a message!
Visiting address: Åkerlundinkatu 8, Tampere, Finland
Mail address: Nekalantie 28, 33100 Tampere, Finland