Operationalising the insights of the simulation
Simulation insights to support team development
The structure of the facilitated workshop is based on the ORID model (objective, reflective, interpretive, decisive) model. Participants define the content of the workshop and raise topics relevant to the team’s activities. The facilitator provides a framework that assists in structuring team members’ observations, feelings, meanings, and concrete suggestions for improvement.
The results workshop is based on various group work methods that SmoothTeam has tailored to work together with the simulations and their insights.
- Create a shared understanding of the factors affecting team performance
- Makes visible the observations, insights, and lessons learned during the simulation
- Highlights both the areas for team development and the practices and procedures that should be maintained
- Leads to concrete development steps
- Recommended for all teams going through a simulation
- The duration of the results workshop is, depending on the needs of the team, about 2-4 hours. The workshop can be carried out immediately after the simulation or within two weeks.
Efficient management team
The simulation takes a facilitated approach to dealing with the team’s readiness and strengths in different situations facing the management team.
Readiness for change situations
Simulaatio auttaa tiimiä toimimaan konkreettisissa muutostilanteissa. Se luo sosiaalista koherenssia sekä uskoa tiimin kykyyn toimia yllättävissä tilanteissa.
Understand the stress factors
The simulation facilitates discussion on different stress factors and each team member’s attitude towards them.
Glue your team together
The simulation helps in understanding your colleagues and makes visible team members’ preferences regarding different kinds of job tasks. Fits well for understanding social coherence and building of mutual understanding.